Site Search
Picture of Chemical Storage with the title Health & Safety
Safety First written on a yellow sign in front of a busy highway

Controlled Substances

Controlled substances are regulated by Health Canada under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act; therefore, to facilitate the acquisition of this item we require a copy of a valid Scientific Exemption from the Evaluation and Authorization Division of Health Canada’s Office of Controlled Substances or a prescription from a licensed practitioner (i.e. DVM, MD, etc.).

After we receive a copy of your scientific exemption, we will submit it along with the necessary documentation to facilitate the acquisition process.

If you have any questions or require assistance in the completion of your application for a scientific exemption permit, please feel free to contact the Designated Official for Controlled Substances at ext. 2055.

To purchase a controlled substances please complete a Chemical Control Centre order form (see below) and submit to the Centre. For complete overview of the acquisition process please see the Controlled Drugs Acquisition Overview


Apply for Controlled Substances Exemption

Health Canada Controlled Drugs and Substances