What happens to any items left behind by a student?
If any items are left behind in your room after check-out, we will assume they are to be donated.
What happens to students' mail after move out?
Students are responsible to have their mail redirected/forwarded to another address. We will not hold mail for anyone, it will be returned to sender.
When is the end of term (Intersession/Summer 2012)? When does my contract end?
- Last day of classes are August 13th/15th, 2012 (Exams are August 16 - 24th)
- Your contract ends 24 hours after YOUR last exam or August 25th, 2012 whichever comes first.
Am I able to stay between Inter/Summer Session and Fall, what are the charges?
- Students who need to stay in residence between Inter/Summer Session and Fall must fill out an on-line extension form found at the bottom of this page.
- Extension fees of $100/week will be charged to students that have been approved an extension past August 25th 2012.
Is there a deadline for filling out the forms? What if I need to fill one out after this date?
- Deadline date is Sunday August 12th, 2012 at midnight.
- Requests received after August 12th, 2012 at midnight are subject to a $100 late processing fee.
When will I know if my request is approved or denied?
- Extension requests will be reviewed by the Residence Office.
- Approved or denied emails will be sent to your UWIN email account on or before August 20th, 2012.
What if I do not fill out a request form, will I be charged?
- Staying in Residence more than 24hours after your last exam is a violation and there will be a $125 charge per day if found in residence.
Are there any possible fines?
-YES, $125 FINE + $50 EXTENSION FEE per day when found in residence without permission
What are the check out procedures?
- Express check out envelope is the only acceptable form of move out during August.
- Failure to do a proper check-out will result in a $100 administration fee
- Email your Facilities Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org for an Express Check out Envelope before August 17th 2012. Be sure to include your building and room number in the email.
- Please read the Instructions Carefully!
- Your room will be inspected after your departure.
What are room inspections?
- An inventory of your room where we check for damages.
- We will collect your mattress cover (if applicable); and there will be a $37 charge if it is not returned.
- Any additional damages or missing inventory will be charged to your SIS account.
Things I need to do before I leave?
- Remove all garbage and recycling to appropriate areas
- Refrigerator must be left empty, wiped out and shelves put back in place. DO NOT UNPLUG!
- Remove tape from ceilings, walls, and doors.
- Leave your room clean and in the original set up
- Mattress covers must be removed from the bed, cleaned, and placed in plastic bag
- CLOSE ALL WINDOWS AND DOORS
- TURN OFF ALL LIGHTS
- LOCK YOUR DOOR
- RETURN YOUR KEYS
Additions for CLARK RESIDENCE
- Clean refrigerator/common area (your RA will provide you a Unit Cleaning Agreement)
- Put furniture back in the original set up
- Sweep and/or mop floors
- Wipe all surfaces, desks, dresses, shelves, and counters
What is the Trunk/Storage Room?
- Available only to students coming back to residence in September 2012.
- Due to limited space, the trunk storage rooms will be available on a 1st come, 1st serve basis.
- We reserve the right to limit/restrict the amount of items you can put into storage
- You must make arrangements with your RA
- All items must be tagged with your name, student number, and contact number that you can be reached at during the summer.
- DO NOT PLACE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN THE TRUNK ROOM
- see the handbook or an RA for more information
**Please refer to your Residence Student Handbook for further information on policies, procedures, fines at exam periods, and check out procedures.