The Canadian & American Dual J.D. Program is a joint academic venture between Windsor Law in Canada and the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in the United States. Even though you will receive two degrees from two universities, you only have to fill out one application.
There are two options for applying to the Canadian & American Dual J.D. Program . Remember that you only need to fill out ONE of these applications, not both. Read the criteria below or contact us with any questions about which application you should use.
1. Complete the Ontario Law School Application Service (OLSAS) application if you:
• are living in Canada at the time of application; or
• are living in the U.S. at the time of application but are also applying to other Ontario law schools (this will save you time by filling out the application only once).
— OR —
2. Complete the Law School Data Assembly Service (LSDAS) application if you:
• are living in the U.S. at the time of application and are NOT applying to any other Ontario law schools.
• graduated from a university outside of the U.S. or Canada.
• are not a citizen of the U.S. or Canada.
The Rest of Your Application File
As part of the application process, you will be asked to supply the following information:
• Copies of all undergraduate, graduate or professional school transcripts
• LSAT scores
• Two letters of recommendation (one should be academic)
Depending on which application you choose, you will also have to fill out a brief application supplement.
• If you choose the OLSAS application, then you will also have to fill out the Supplementary Application Form for the University of Detroit Mercy.
• If you choose the LSDAS application, then you will have to complete the Windsor Personal Profile for the University of Windsor.
Don't hesitate to call or email us with any questions you may have about the application process:
Jennifer Henderson, Director
519-253-3000, ext. 3965 (Canada)
For more Information please visit Canadian & America Dual J.D. Program website