Site Search

Lost or Damaged Documents

This is the application and information for temporary (or permanent) residents who need to obtain a replacement copy of a document issued to them by Canadian Immigration authorities and that contains errors or has been lost, stolen or destroyed.

A non refundable fee of $30.00 applies and payment must be included with the application. Note that a waiver of the fee may be considered in special circumstances. You can pay online and print the receipt, or come to the ISC and get an official receipt to pay at any bank.

Send or take your application to:
Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document
Query Response Centre (QRC)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
The forms and guide are available from:

For more details see the CIC website: Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document

If your passport is lost as well you must arrange to This process varies from country to country. You will have to contact the Embassies, High Commissions or consulate of your nation in order to find out requisites, processing time, costs, etc.

Once you have renewed your passport, you must then renew your study permit, and, if you are planning to travel, your entry visa.