Graduate Student Society (GSS) Scholarships 2015-2016, Application is now OPEN
Dear Graduate Student:
Applications are now being accepted for the Graduate Student Society (GSS) Scholarships for 2015-16. These $500 scholarships will be awarded to current full-time graduate students, in any discipline.
A) Applicants must have an average of at least 70% on all Windsor graduate courses completed as of Fall 2015.
B) Applicants must demonstrate financial need (a statement of financial need is required as part of the application process, you do not have to submit any hard copy for the financial need).
C) Demonstrated leadership and community involvement.
For the leadership community involvement criterion, students must provide proof of this in the form of a letter, on official letterhead, from the organization(s) that the student has been involved with. A copy of a co-curricular transcript with the accepted positions showing these activities is also acceptable. Your leadership involvement letter(s) (hard copy) should be submitted to the GSS office to Laurie Harding during the office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Deadline for Online Scholarship Application: (no extension, absolute firm deadline).
Sunday, February 7, 11:59 p.m.
Deadline for Submitting Hard Copy of Leadership Involvement: (only paper copies will be accepted, in person to the GSS office; no online submission will be accepted)
Thursday, February 18, 3:45 p.m.
1. Student logs on to my.uwindsor.ca and clicks on "Financial Matters", then "Search for Awards".
2. Student completes the initial profile information in the "Award Search" section and click on "Search". This will bring up a list of available awards.
3. Student is free to apply for any or all of the awards listed but in order to be considered for the GSS Scholarship the student must select: Graduate Student Society Scholarships.
4. Student completes the on-line application, including the financial need information.
5. Student demonstrating leadership and community involvement component, should submit a hard copy to Laurie Harding in the GSS office.
6. Please respect the deadlines and hence any application or letter would not be accepted after the above mentioned deadline.
7. Any decision made by the GSS Scholarship committee in coordination with Faculty of Graduate Studies regarding the scholarship winner is final and cannot be appealed.
8. GSS Scholarship winners' name will be posted in GSS website and made public to anyone accessing the GSS website. If you are winner of one and do not want your name to be posted, you MUST notify GSS office by email or in person. If we do not hear back from you, we will consider it as your consent to post your name online.
For further information or queries, please contact
Mr. Sanam Mehta
V.P. Academic Affairs, Graduate Student Society
MASc Candidate, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Windsor
Phone: 519-253-3000 ext. 3915 (GSS Office)
GSS Scholarship 2013-2014 Winners