Site Search
UWindsor Students graphic

Admissions Information for U.S. Students

University of Windsor 2017-2018 U.S. Viewbook

Graduates of accredited high schools will normally qualify for admission if the cumulative high school grade point average is 3.0 or above.

In addition, applicants are encouraged to submit SAT or ACT scores to supplement their application. Where class rankings are reported on the transcript, a ranking in the top third is preferred. The University of Windsor has an official code to use when you submit your SAT scores (0904) and your ACT scores (7053).

Applicants for part-time studies must apply using the UWindsor application form at


U.S. students will pay a tuition fee of approximately $6000 (US dollars) per semester. For more details about tuition cost, please visit

U.S. Student Federal Aid and Awards

The University of Windsor participates in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program. U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States who are attending the University of Windsor may qualify for the federal loan program. For more information, please visit

Value Automatic Entrance Award Scholarship Average Value/Term
$500 University of Windsor Entrance Scholarship 80-84.9% $250
$1000 University of Windsor Entrance Scholarship 85-89.9% $500
$10000 University of Windsor Renewable Entrance Scholarship* 90-94.9% $1250
$16000 University of Windsor Renewable Entrance Scholarship* 95-100% $2000
$1500 Outstanding Scholars Candidate Scholarship 95-100% $750

*Renewable Entrance Scholarships may be granted for a maximum of four academic years (or 8 semesters) provided the student is registered on a full-time basis and maintains the required minimum cumulative average of 85%. Please refer to the current Entrance Award Regulations for full eligibility details.


Students who wish to apply to the University of Windsor will need to complete an online application through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre. American students will need to complete a 105F application form. Canadian students currently residing and attending high school in the U.S. will need to complete at 105D application form.

Studying while in Canada

If you would like to receive more information about study permits while attending school in Canada, please visit the Canadian Immigration Centre website for more information


U.S. students are not eligible for the following programs at the University of Windsor:

If you have questions or would like to arrange a campus tour, please contact us at 1-800-864-2860, or

For more information on: