The Centre for Enterprise and Law is committed to promoting economic sustainability to the Windsor-Essex community by providing custom solutions to its entrepreneurs, businesses, and not-for-profit organizations. Visit About Us  to learn more about the CEL.
In August 2011, the CEL received a grant from the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation to begin their Business of Innovation Program, with the vision of fostering entrepreneurial spirit in Windsor, Ontairo. Four key objectives of this program are:
1. To create an ecosystem of support for young entrepreneurs in IP intensive capstone courses, including help with
• Feasibility and Market Analysis
• Business Model Development
• Prototype Development
• IP Clearance
• Funding Strategy
2. To create a Business of Innovation Workshop Series and Mentoring Program.
3. To Develop Best Practices and Policies for the Protection and Commercialization of Student IP:
Fulfillment of this objective will be measured by the establishment of a fully operational commercialization office involving the CEL students to support campus-wide creative and innovative activity
4. To Develop Specialized Training and E-Learning Initiatives:
a) Multidisciplinary course on IP Management
b) E-Learning program on legal and business considerations attendant to an innovative start-up